The family of companies known today as Shamrock Trading Corporation began in 1986 as a freight brokerage serving agricultural and commodity shippers. Over the past 29 years, Shamrock has expanded its services to transportation logistics, financing, international trade finance and discount programs for trucking companies.
Combined under the Shamrock name, our companies today employ more than 280 people. Since our founding, we have averaged more than 25% in annual revenue growth. In 2014, we celebrated a corporate expansion with the opening of the Shamrock Towers office complex in Overland Park, Kan. This year, the Kansas City Business Journal named Shamrock among the "Best Places to Work" in greater Kansas City.
Strong ethics, dedication to customers and close attention to the market are three factors that have been critical to our success. Despite strong growth, changing market conditions and new lines of business, we have remained true to our core business values.
Shamrock Trading Corporation is seeking IT interns, the selected IT interns will be responsible for participating in development, maintenance and enhancement of business applications with a strong emphasis in web and mobile development. Participate in project teams within as assigned business unit or corporate department and utilize various mobile and web platforms. Collaborate with business partners, and other technical staff to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommend solution options.
Major Areas of Accountability
* Provide business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business unit/area in the analysis, design, and development of business applications
* Formulate and define application scope and objectives
* Devise and modify procedures to solve business problems
* Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, and design, code, test, debug and document programs
* Current classes toward Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree path
* Strong technical knowledge of modern programming languages with hands-on experience performing systems development using mobile and web architectures and environments
* Practical or scholastic experience analyzing and documenting complex systems, business application design, and development
* Knowledge of relevant technology, tools and middleware is critical, including development technologies and programming/scripting languages
* Strong technical knowledge of Object-Oriented analysis and design principles